Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome MOPS 2010 - 2011

Welcome to MOPS 2010 - 2011! We are so very blessed to have each one of you incredibly inspiring Mommies to join us for the new MOPS year!

This year the MOPS theme is Momology - The Art and Science of Mothering. Did you know that mothering is both art and science, yes you read it correctly, each one of us is a Scientist and/or Artist! I will be the first to argue this one and say that I am definitely neither of these and there are more mornings that not that I feel that it is an accomplishment to simply be a maid....taking care of kids, fixing food, cleaning bathroom accidents, spills and doing it all in my pajamas! Did you know that God does not see us this way at all, it is actually an honor to be called a Mommy - God specifically designed me to match what my child needs in a Mom? What a blessing to know I have a purpose! And even though many times I look up wondering where the day went and what I have taught my little one, I know it is exactly what she needed!

My name is Melody Ballard and I am one of the coordinators for MOPS this year. I am so very blessed to be a wife to an amazing husband and a mommy to Jalie who is 4 years old and a soon to be mommy to Katie who is due in January! I praise His name for making me who I need to be to take care of my sweet babies. My prayer for each of us this year is to truly see how wonderfully made we are as God's children and how perfectly we have been designed to mommy our children. I look forward to an exciting year of fun, fellowship, mentoring, being mentored and most of all sharing time with other amazing ladies!

Oh and one last but very important thing......THANK YOU to each one of my steering team members, you are amazing and this year could not have been made possible without you!

All of my love to each of you.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment